Running for Mayor-President
Carlee Alm-Labar is a no-party candidate running for Mayor-President of Lafayette. If elected, Carlee plans to promote cooperation rather than competition within the newly-established Parish Council, restore fiscally conservative budget practices, as well as implement a comprehensive approach to prevent flooding. Additionally, Carlee plans to protect LUS by keeping it under local control, modernize the current approach to regional economic development and job creation and promote neighborhood and family safety. Carlee is the only candidate who has supported charter amendments and says she will ensure a smooth transition for citizens and LCG staff alike. Finally, Carlee wants to unite people across political party lines and focus on solutions that promote collaboration rather than things that drive people apart.
- Northwestern University (1994-1998)
- Louisiana State University (M.S. Public Administration, 2007)
- Assistant to former Lafayette President Joey Durel (2010-2016)
- Development Director under former Lafayette President Joey Durel (2016-June 2019)
- Southern Lifestyle Development (June 2019-Present)